Whitebeam Template Reference Documentation
rb.alias Object Description
The rb.alias object provides a simple way of providing alternate
'names' for contact records. In this context name is any unique (within a
name space) string that references exactly one contact.
An alias can be used in a number of ways to uniquely identify a contact:
- with a set of email addresses
- with a set of social media identifiers
- with a 'foreign key' from a third party application for integration purposes
- as part of an authentication strategy that goes beyond the password provided
by the contact template.
The template provides the following capabilities:
- add/modify an alias to a contact
- remove an alias from a contact
- read the set of aliases stored against a specific contact
- search for the contact with a specific 'alias'
An 'alias' must be unique within a specific name space. That is:
must be unique.
(loadtime : 159ms)